Tuesday, September 24, 2024

I am starting work on a new project

 

Back in July 2020, I prepared and published my first article on securing schools and other educational institutions from criminal and terrorist threats. After publication, the article was edited several times, the last edits I made in January 2022.

The article was divided into two parts:

In the first part, I analyzed the current situation of child safety in educational institutions by the example of my country, as well as in the world, in parallel, I considered positive examples from foreign experience in this area. In addition, I gave my assessment of the level of risks and the degree of probable threats in the near future, and some forecasts about the prospects for the development of the situation;

In the second, I considered the possibilities of counteracting such threats, reducing the number of human casualties and the level of material damage. In addition, I proposed my own, hypothetical model of the system of ensuring the security of educational institutions.

While still working on the article, I noticed the difficulties in collecting materials for research, which have to be collected from various sources, and they often contain incomplete or unreliable (contradictory) information, there was no information on statistics at all, apparently, no one was simply not engaged in it. All this prompted me to create my own statistical research, which I did, spending almost a year on it, but it was worth it. The result of this work was the Handbook of Crimes and Terrorist Acts in Schools and Other Educational Institutions, which includes information on crimes and terrorist acts committed in educational institutions around the world, for the period from 2000 to 2023 inclusive. The publication contains not only statistical but also analytical material. The handbook is fully accessible to all who wish to use its materials without any restrictions.   I continue to collect and systematize data for the handbook, and as they accumulate I will try to post new, corrected and supplemented versions of the handbook.

When I was working on the materials for the handbook, I realized that the nature of the threat and its scale is much greater than I had originally assumed, I seriously underestimated the degree of danger, both at the moment and in the near future. The hypothetical model of the system of ensuring the security of educational institutions that I proposed in the first article could not effectively cope with it.

Improvement of the system I proposed initially will not give anything, it requires a completely different approach, the creation of a model (so far only hypothetical) built on completely different principles and with completely different tasks. 

The technical task that I have set for myself, if briefly, is the following: to create an effective model to ensure the safety of schools and other educational institutions, as well as places with a mass stay of children, from threats (existing and prospective), criminal and terrorist nature. At the same time, educational institutions should not change their main function, should not turn into prisons, bunkers or military bases.

Is this possible? I believe that it is, so I am starting to work on it. I will be glad to receive any help in working on the project, as well as communication with like-minded people, colleagues and everyone who is interested in this topic, who wants to make children's lives safer.  

You can contact me in any convenient way.

#project #childhood #children #safety #security #school #college #kindergarten #university #threat #crime #terrorism 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Destructive Communities and Games, «Red Dolphin» a new type of threat to schools and other educational institutions. Part 1.

  Attention: English is not my native language, the text is translated with the help of technical means of translation. I apologize in adva...